Developmental reflex training is therapy for postural and dynamic reflexes that has primarily been explored in the challenged child community. It is proven to be remarkably effective at removing developmental obstacles for children with challenges that are secondary to their primary challenge. It is also proving to be remarkably effective at removing blocks for normal functioning children and adults to achieve their full potential. The therapy is effective with newborns, infants, babies, children, teenagers and adults.
Masgutova Neuro-Motor Reflex Integration (MNRI) has been effective in helping challenged individuals of all ages across a range of diagnoses including sensory issues, autism, ADD/ADHD, Aspergers, Executive Function Disorder, Cerebral Palsy, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Emotional Disturbed (ED), Oppositional Defiance Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Learning Disabled (LD), Dysgraphia, and Dyslexia. It is also a complementary method with other modalties. MNRI is now taught in over 40 countries, and quite extensively here in the US.
I have over 650 hours of training as a Core Specialist with Dr. Svetlana Masgutova in her techniques for integrating primary neurological behavioral responses. I have used reflex integration in my practice for the last five years to work with people of all ages, across the spectrum of issues. In my sessions, I weave my Cranial Osteopath and Structural Integration skills into my work with reflex integration.
- Our essential neurological behavioral patterning is “hard wired” in our genetic code.
- Our initial (embryonic – 5 years old) behaviors are exercise for these intrinsic neurological pathways. This is what we call play, which establishes consciously willed movements using the functional building blocks which we have labeled postural and dynamic reflexes.
- All of our more complex behavioral development rests on top of whatever is established as the norm for our utilization of these reflexes.
- If there are compensations, adaptations, incomplete development, stress, trauma, blocks etc. attached to or built into these strategies, our further development will unfold on top of this. This is the same as not being able to build a solid structure on a unstable foundation. Our actions and further development will invest energy adjusting for the unstable foundation.
- Exercising these primitive reflexes at any point in our life will gradually bring these reflexes to fuller maturity, removing stress.
- This de-stressing can be experienced as a burst of energy as the resources that were tied up in adaption is released and made available.
- Everybody benefits from reflex integration.
MNRI is usually offered as a combination of specific home exercises and Reflex Therapy. The home exercises are easy for a parent to do with their child or for partners / friends to do with each other.
“The level of development and humanity of a government can be measured by its policies regarding children with developmental challenges.”
Dr. Svetlana Masgutova